My wife, Larisa, and I have experienced the value that competitive sport offers, from our own college athletic endeavors as well as those of our daughters. We used this filter to help us in formulating the culture we hoped to embody in the organization we would start—Club One AZ. It was the summer of 2010 and we were evaluating what “next season” would look like. After some deliberations we confirmed we wanted to begin a journey of building an organization that respected people as well as promoted competition. We wanted to make sure each individual knew they were valued, but we also understood that the individual is elevated most effectively in the context of team. Now, so many years into our journey, we have begun to see so many of the outcomes we had hoped for—camaraderie, trust, and team—traits shaped by our motto “We are one”. And by “we”, I mean a dedicated group of like-minded friends—our coaches at Club One AZ.
We don’t venture to think we have arrived at our goals, but we do believe we are on our way to making a difference: a difference in the way player and parent are valued, a difference in the way coaches are developed, a difference in the way competition is advanced, and a difference in how success is achieved. We realize that our perspective may not align with everyone’s experiences, but we do believe that our goals bring out the best in people and prepare our athletes handsomely for the future that lie ahead of each of them.
We hope that you will choose to join us in this journey.
Directors, David & Larisa Ronda
Leverage the sport of volleyball to develop competitive, service-minded athletes with strong character and a hunger to learn.
Club One has operated as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) entity serving the volleyball community in Arizona since 2010. Through our club we strive to build:
- Character through the challenges that training and competition provide.
- Systems of education that can be duplicated from one generation to the next.
- Futures for athletes who desire to compete at higher levels.
- Selflessness by nurturing an atmosphere of giving back some of what has been given to you.
To achieve these goals, we endeavor to:
- Provide the highest quality coaching in a challenging but nurturing environment.
- Develop a supportive and participatory relationship with our athletes and parents.
- Partner with organizations that can help us reach our ultimate goals of instilling character, competition, community, and learning.
- Larisa Ronda – Club One Director
- David Ronda – Club One Director
- Kelsey Girts – Club One Associate Director
- Ryan Wrublik – One Beach Director
- Lisa Naughton – Administrative Assistant
- Cassie Richardson – Communications Manager